Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Bubble Reputation

It's been a long while again...but then it's not so bad after all.

I am reading this book called The Bubble Reputation now, and it's by an american writer called Cathie Pelletier.

Well, I'll be very honest and say that I had completely given up on contemporary american writers, and then I started reading this book. And it made me smile after a long long time...not a laughter of sarcasm...not a faint smile of admiration at some clever phrase or some obscure but beautiful word...just plain old genuine good humoured laughter...something I never thought anyone but Wodehouse would be able to manage.

Someone should make a movie out of it...it definitely has a 'Midsummer' insanity attached to the whole book...and then there are all these cats named Ralph, and Mugs, and Winston...absolutely breathtaking, and breathtakingly beautiful.

There's still some hope left in the world after all!

1 comment:

Betty Foy said...

Of course there is... after all there has to be a reason for my existence.